As I try to make Amman a less temporary home, I'm trying a new blogging model, which I'm hoping will allow me to live more for myself. Expect pictures with short captions, but much less narrative.
Enjoy!
Pic. 1: Jerusalem from the tour bus window.
Pic. 2: The Armenian restaurant where my friend and I had dinner our first night in Jerusalem. I had a selected samples dish, with a variety of Armenian specialties. It was ok, but not quite to my tastes - a lot of salty meats and breads/pastas.
Pic. 3: A sneak peak of the men's side of the Wailing Wall. It was pretty empty when we saw it on a walking tour, but the following day, the beginning of Rosh Hashana (Jewish new year), it was nearly packed.
Pic. 4: The Dome of the Rock, atop Mount Temple, a disputed sacred area within the Old City of Jerusalem. We weren't sure we would be allowed in during Ramadan, but it didn't turn out to be a problem, we just couldn't go inside.
Pic. 5: The terrace over the Holy Sepulchre, where Ethiopians have built a village after being ousted on a couple occasions from inside the church.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire