mercredi 24 novembre 2010

Greek Cyprus

After landing in the Southern part of the island, we drove up to the 'Turkish-occupied' portion of Cyprus, where we spent the first couple days. So the following pictures are for the second part of our trip (not sure why I started with those, I actually enjoyed the North a little more), where we enjoyed wonderful roads, greek legend sights and more lovely beaches. I'll post on the North shortly, but until then, enjoy Greek Cyprus!




Équipe Chypre - Catherine (mon amie, patronne, co-locataire), Isabelle (collègue et amie) et sa super fille de 8 ans, Miriam, avec qui j'ai joué au Sudoku dans l'arrière de la voiture pendant nos longs voyages en voiture.





La plage au site d'émergence d'Aphrodite était pleine de galets, alors on a passé une bonne vingtaine de minutes à essayer de les faire sauter, et à montrer à Miriam comment il fallait s'y prendre.





At the wailing wall in Jerusalem, tourists write their wishes on pieces of paper that they then stick into crevices in the wall. I felt uncomfortable doing that, but I was happy to find another wish wall in Cyprus. Well, I don't know if it was really a wish wall, but I saw a few pebbles wedged in a large boulder, so I thought I would contribute to a legend in the making and add my pebbly wish. After all, this was the site where Aphrodite came out of the water - that makes it less love-holy, no? ;)






This is Leftkara. We came in reading (well, not the one driving) about the beautiful church, silver and lace. We only had a couple hours to visit, which we spent with the silver and lace, so on our way out, I felt I had to take a picture of the church, to be able to say we had seen other things than the inside of three shops. I did find some beautiful greek silver jewelry though, so I'm quite content with the trip :)




Catherine, mon amie extraordinaire, et moi, dans le petit village de Tochni, notre dernier matin avant d'aller prendre l'avion. Après avoir pris quelques photos autour de l'église du village, nous sommes montées à petite terrasse sombre que vous voyez en haut de l'image manger un petit déjeuner somptueux, avec de la confiture mures et poires. Mmm... C'était le site principal de l'agence qui nous avait loué notre maison dans un village voisin, et le patron, qui était dans les parages, est venu nous voir s'assurer que notre séjour s'était bien passé. Très sympathique comme endroit, j'aimerais bien y retourner..





The order of pictures is generally chronological, except for this one. But it just seemed an appropriate 'last picture' for this blog entry. We took pictures of a few sunsets during the trip, but this one is by far the nicest one. And this picture is one of many - the next picture always seemed more beautiful than the previous, so I inadvertently ended up with a play-by-play of the sunset :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire